With pancake day right around the corner, this recipe for pancakes will be the perfect way for making the light, airy and delicious sweet treats! This year, venture out of your comfort zone from your usual annual topping choice, and pamper your taste buds with something new and exciting! Give our fresh and tasty blueberry and lime jam a try with a drizzle of lemon juice. And trust me, you will not be disappointed!
Pancakes – makes 12
- 250g plain flour
- 250ml milk
- 5g baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 20ml olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Bessie’s Yorkshire Preserves blueberry and lime jam
- Sift and combine all of the dry ingredients together into a jug (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt).
- Add in the milk and egg together in a separate jug and mix until the egg is distributed through the milk.
- Slowly, add the wet ingredients (milk and egg) to the dry ingredients until a thick batter is made.
- Now heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, and put 2-3 tsp of oil into the pan. Then pour in the pancake mix and wait for a couple of minutes until the pancake has visible bubbles all around it, which is an indication that the pancake is ready to be flipped over.
- Once the pancake has cooked on the other side, which should take 2 minutes, it will now be ready to be taken out of the pan. (To get perfectly round pancakes, use a large, metal pastry cutter, and place it in the middle of the pan so you can use it as a stencil).
- This recipe makes 12 (10cm in diameter) pancakes, which you can now decorate with whichever toppings of your choosing. If you fancy something sweet and fruity on your pancakes, our blueberry and lime jam compliments pancakes very well!